Editor lagg when occasionally clicking things > ObjectChangeEvents.changesPublished: ES3PostProcessor.Changed

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
craig

Editor lagg when occasionally clicking things > ObjectChangeEvents.changesPublished: ES3PostProcessor.Changed

Post by craig »

Any idea what causes the "loading" in the title, it happens occasionally whenever i click something in the heirarchy after script changes compile.
Sometimes takes 15-25 seconds to finish.

Cheers.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Editor lagg when occasionally clicking things > ObjectChangeEvents.changesPublished: ES3PostProcessor.Changed

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We now require all users to set the order/invoice number in their profile. Please could you do so using the instructions here so I can provide support:

https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3014

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Editor lagg when occasionally clicking things > ObjectChangeEvents.changesPublished: ES3PostProcessor.Changed

Post by Joel »

Thanks Craig,

By default Easy Save updates any references for changed objects in these events, and lag would usually indicate one of these objects is quite large. However, you can disable this by going to Tools > Easy Save 3 > Settings and unchecking When changes are made underneath Editor Settings.

You can also manage references manually if you'd prefer so that references aren't updated on any event, which is documented here:
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... erformance

All the best,
Joel
craig

Post by craig »

Thanks Joel, would you mind ellaborating on what you mean by a large reference, would that be a class that has lots of autosaved components for eg?, Regardless is there a way i can track down whats causing it, as Iv'e used easysave in several projects and this is the fisrt one causing this, would be nice to make sure I haven't done something wrong.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

A large reference would be an object which has a wide or deep serialisation depth (i.e. an object which has a lot of Components/children, or an object which has a large number of external dependencies, such as one which references many prefabs which are also deep/wide).

Because the changesPublished event will only be called on an object which has just been changed, you should be able to correlate what object just changed with the slow event. For example if you just removed a Component from a GameObject and now you're getting the slow changedPublished event, this would indicate that the object you've just changed is the deep or wide object.

All the best,
Joel