Questions regarding reading a list of files

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Gibbie

Questions regarding reading a list of files

Post by Gibbie »

Hi,

I am working on a map design tool for a game and I want users to have the ability to share their maps. I found your solution from a search about sql and unity. It looks like it would be just fine for posting and downloading maps. But I am not sure how it would work for getting a list of maps to the user to choose from and the necessary download url (or however that works). I'm primarily here because I don't know LAMP and I really don't want to learn a lot about it to do this seemingly simple task. Can it be done easily with your easy save 2 program?

Thanks for your time,
-Gibbie
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Questions regarding reading a list of files

Post by Joel »

Hi Gibbie,

As everyone's project is likely to be different, the best idea is to look at the Documentation and Examples to see if you can easily integrate it into your project.

I hope this helps,

All the best,
Joel
Gibbie

Post by Gibbie »

I've looked through the docs and examples and i didn't find a way of getting a list of resources or files from a server. Is there a simple dir command for es2web?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Gibbie,

There's no way of getting a list of files actually stored on the sever, as ES2 stores its data on a MySQL database (which is more secure). However, we will add an ES2.GetFiles() method to our To Do List.

All the best,
Joel