I'm missing something simple (solved)

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
lucaderiu

I'm missing something simple (solved)

Post by lucaderiu »

Hello, I'm Luca and I bought ES2 yesterday; it looks powerful and quite simple to use but I don't understand why, even if the logic appears clear, I'm not able to store the value of one integer :(
I did a empty project with an integer that increase per each click. At the end of the game i want to save my integer number and then load it when a new game is started, after quitting the game. The logic is absolutely simple, and with PlayMaker I constructed the FSM with actions (save and load) but it doesn't work. The file is created in the proper path with proper file name, the unique tag appears sometimes and also the stored value sometime appears in line, other time in a new line..or sometime doesn't appear at all (like in the attached file).
I'm sure I'm missing something ridiculously simple but after many tests I'm not able to understand what is it.
Can someone help me please? Thank you very much!
Luca
Last edited by lucaderiu on Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: I'm missing something simple

Post by Joel »

Hi Luca,

Easy Save saves data in its own format. Because this format isn't ASCII, if you try to open it in a text editor, any integers saved will not be displayed in the text document. However, the data is there, in binary.

Regards,
Joel
lucaderiu

Post by lucaderiu »

Hi Joel,
thanks, but the main problem is that with Load Action I'm not able to read the integer that I saved. Even if it is binary it should be seen.
Do you have some ideas?
Thanks!
Luca
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Luca,

I'll look into this for you, but have you tried removing the 'Wait' actions? These aren't necessary as the ES2 functions automatically call FINISHED when the data has loaded.

Regards,
Joel
lucaderiu

Post by lucaderiu »

Hi it would be super, thanks!
I have so many variables to store in this game :D but as soon I understand the method I would be independent.
About the timer i inserted it to have a delay, it was just a test
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi again Luca,

Looks like it may have been a mistake at our end. Instead of assigning the loaded value back to the global variable, it was loading it into a new variable.

I've attached a new version of the Playmaker action: delete the old ES2PlayMakerAction.cs file and replace it with this one. Also delete any files you've created with Easy Save so far, make sure that you've removed the 'Wait' actions, otherwise you'll get unexpected behaviour.
ES2PlayMakerAction.cs
All the best,
Joel
lucaderiu

Post by lucaderiu »

hello Joel,
thank you very much! it works perfectly both on mac and iOS now :)
best regards
Luca
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: I'm missing something simple (solved)

Post by Joel »

Not a problem Luca. If you run into any other problems, let us know.

Joel