Basic Tutorial to Save & Load a Boolean?

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
xanderdavis

Basic Tutorial to Save & Load a Boolean?

Post by xanderdavis »

Can you run me through or point me to a basic tutorial to simply save and load a boolean? All the steps necessary for something as straightforward as that?

Something basic like that might help me get a better handle on this.

Cheers
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Basic Tutorial to Save & Load a Boolean?

Post by Joel »

Hi xanderdavis,

Am I right in presuming that you want this to be a Playmaker tutorial?
xanderdavis

Post by xanderdavis »

Hi Joel-- yeah exactly. I'm trying to figure out how to get a separate Boolean in the game to save and load now through PlayMaker after getting the New Game / Continue stuff to work, all part of the same "save slot".

Appreciated!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

The easiest way to do this would actually be to have separate save files for each save slot. For example: slot 1 could use slot1.txt. Then you simply save each piece of data for that slot to that save file, using a different tag for each piece of data.

I'll arrange to have a tutorial made up explaining general usage of Easy Save 2 in Playmaker as soon as we get a chance.

All the best,
Joel
mmzbr

Post by mmzbr »

Any news about the Playmaker basic tutorial for Booleans? I need that too. Bought your awesome tool but I´m noobie at coding and using Playmaker for my game and I dont know how to implement Easy Save in my game.

A boolean example would be awesome to us.

Thanks in advance.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi mmzbr,

We're currently working on brand new documentation, so we'll get more Playmaker tutorials added after that's released.

All the best,
Joel
xanderdavis

Post by xanderdavis »

Any way you can just write a bulleted list of what to do for this so I can move on with it? Been waiting weeks for what should hopefully be a simple answer, right? :P
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

If you're urgent then the best idea is to follow the save slots example here: http://www.moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11

Essentially to save a Playmaker variable, you just use the SaveString/SaveInt/etc action to save that variable, specifying that variable in the option. Then before loading, you should use the Exists action to check that there is data to load. If there's data to load, use the LoadString/LoadInt/etc action to load that variable.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Joel
mmzbr

Post by mmzbr »

I´ve tried replicate that using boolean instead int but no success ;(
Also a red message: ES2NotFoundExeception: The data,tag,file or folder doesnt exist. Please ensure that ES2.Exists (string identifier) returns true before calling this method.

Joel wrote:If you're urgent then the best idea is to follow the save slots example here: http://www.moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11

Essentially to save a Playmaker variable, you just use the SaveString/SaveInt/etc action to save that variable, specifying that variable in the option. Then before loading, you should use the Exists action to check that there is data to load. If there's data to load, use the LoadString/LoadInt/etc action to load that variable.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Joel
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

If you send me some pictures of the ES2.Save, ES2.Load and ES2.Exists action I'll see if I can work out what's going on.

All the best,
Joel