saving files and users loading bad data

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
ArtPose

saving files and users loading bad data

Post by ArtPose »

I am using easy save 2 to let my customers load up poses that others have made or save there own poses out(iOS app ArtPose).
So far as long as I make sure the file is named the slot that Easy Save is looking for everything works great. I am using playmaker
to implement Easy Save. Then I us exists to check to see if the data I'm looking for is in the file and it works for blank text files or
missing files or the real files. My issue is if I have a random junk text file named correctly on import it will crash the app.
The exists playmaker script doesn't seem to handle if it finds something unexpected. My fear is someone will put in a bad file and it
will make the the app lock up until they replace the bad file. replacing the bad file fixes the issue but I thought the exists command
was checking to find tags and if non existed it would return doesn't exist. When I say a random junk text file I mean one formatted
incorrectly for Easy Save. example slot.txt Contents of file is :12345. I wish it to fail graceful if possible just send a doesn't exist if
it can't find the tags and it doesn't seem to be doing that on iOS. Is this expected behavior or am I missing something.

any help would be greatly appreciated

ArtPose
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: saving files and users loading bad data

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately because Playmaker has no way of catching exceptions (which is the way in which you catch errors in an application), there's not currently away around this. However, I'll see about adding an error event in v2.48 which will let you manage any errors should one occur.

All the best,
Joel
ArtPose

Post by ArtPose »

Wow that would be fantastic!!!. I really couldn't add save to my app without Easy Save. Honestly it works so well as is it amazes me. This will save me
many support hours if you are able to implement something like that. Thank your for you quick reply and I am hoping your able to implement something like
that in the next build.

thank you,

ArtPose
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Just to confirm, this will be added in v2.48, which we're submitting for approval today.

- Joel
ArtPose

Post by ArtPose »

Wow. That was fast! I guess I asked at the right time. Thank you for the quick reply and inclusion of the change.
You truly deserver your positive rating in the asset store.

thank you again,
ArtPose
ArtPose

Post by ArtPose »

I just wanted to say thank you!!! Works exactly how I was hoping it would. Truly great customer service!!! I hope others find this addition useful. It seems
like something that could be helpful to others. I am very excited to go live so My users can start trading poses(ArtPose is a figure posing app) They have made from the app.
You guys made it possible!!!

thank you,

ArtPose
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks for the praise, and the best of luck with your app! If you run into any other problems, let us know.

- Joel