[SOLVED] I can't make ES2 work with Playmaker on WSA 8.0

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Ouroboros

[SOLVED] I can't make ES2 work with Playmaker on WSA 8.0

Post by Ouroboros »

Hi!

I've been trying to publish a game made with Playmaker and ES2 on WSA. I've followed the advice (create a WSA folder, change the platfrom attribution..) and the game builds perfectly but when I run it in visual studio, it can't go past this scene where I check if there's a previous state. The game just freezes on the Check Save state (here's a pic) :

This scene works perfectly in Unity's editor and in webplayer export, it's just on windows store 8 that it refuses to work. I hope someone has a clue, thanks! :)
Last edited by Ouroboros on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: I can't make ES2 work with Playmaker on WSA 8.0

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you enable Forward Playmaker Log to Unity Log in your Playmaker preferences, run the app, and send me the log file? The log file should be located in the following location, and may be a hidden folder:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Packages\<PKGID>\TempState\UnityPlayer.log
All the best,
Joel
Ouroboros

Post by Ouroboros »

Hi! Thanks for your quick reply!

Here it is. :)
Attachments
UnityPlayer.log
Logfiles
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Are you using stripping? It looks like there may be a bug with stripping with Playmaker at the moment which makes it unable to locate actions in DLLs.

All the best,
Joel
Ouroboros

Post by Ouroboros »

I don't know what is stripping. Actually the game was 100% made with playmaker and works well on every other platform. The Playmaker DLL is in the metro folder it seems to create bugs to move ths file into the WSA folder.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Just to clarify, does moving the Playmaker DLL to the Metro folder stop the errors you were getting before, or does it introduce new errors?

Which version of Unity are you using? I believe that Unity 4 uses the Metro folder and Unity 5 uses the WSA folder.

All the best,
Joel
Ouroboros

Post by Ouroboros »

Oh, I didn't expect support on the weekend, thanks a lot Joel! If you prefer we can talk about it on monday. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a game jam right now and I can't use my win8 PC right now.

I'm using the last version of unity and the beta 1.8RC20 of Playmaker. I don't rememebr which bugs I had with playmaker on the WSA folder but if I remember well the game wouldn't build. As soon as I can work on my win8 pc, I'll post more information. Thanks!
Ouroboros

Post by Ouroboros »

I've moved back Playmaker.dll to WSA and it built but I got exactly the same error log. I've tried to find the reffering actions in my project but I didn't find them. I've tried to enable / update playmaker actions once more but couldn't find them either.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi again, hope the Game Jam went well.

The actual Playmaker actions we use works on all platforms without having to use plugins, so it shouldn't be an issue with cross-compatibility per-se. However, there have been bugs at Unity's end which have occasionally caused cross-compatibility settings to be set incorrectly in Unity 5.

The best way to solve this is to reinstall Easy Save from the Asset Store and manually set the cross-compatibility settings.

To reinstall Easy Save, do the following:
  1. Delete the Assets/Easy Save 2/, Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/ and Assets/Plugins/Metro/ folders, and also delete any ES2.dll or MoodkieSecurity.dll files from Assets/Plugins/ and Assets/Plugins/WP8/ folders. This will manually uninstall Easy Save.
  2. Reinstall Easy Save from the Asset Store.
  3. Go to the Assets/Easy Save 2 menu and select Install or Update Playmaker Actions, Install or Update Windows Phone 8 and Install or Update Windows Store
And then to manually set the cross-compatibility settings in Unity 5, do the following:
  1. Move everything from the Assets/Plugins/Metro/ folder to Assets/Plugins/WSA/.
  2. Select the ES2.dll and MoodkieSecurity.dll in Assets/Plugins/WSA/ and make sure that the only platform which is ticked in the import settings is Windows Store Apps.
  3. Select the ES2.dll and MoodkieSecurity.dll in Assets/Plugins/WP8/ and make sure that the only platform which is ticked in the import settings is Windows Phone 8.
  4. Finally, select the ES2.dll and MoodkieSecurity.dll in Assets/Plugins/ and make sure that the all platforms are ticked except Windows Store Apps and Windows Phone 8.
Now try building and see if that fixes your problem. For some reason Unity have made the cross-compatibility process much more complicated in Unity 5.

If this doesn't solve your problem, it could be that Playmaker isn't finding the actions because they're in a DLL. In which case, the easiest solution might be to use a non-DLL version of the actions. To do this, simply replace the ES2Playmaker.dll in Assets/Playmaker/Actions with the ES2PlaymakerAction.cs below.

If neither of those solve your problem, it's most likely a bug at Playmaker's end. You might want to avoid using the beta if possible, and get in touch with the Playmaker team on their forums to see if they're aware of any issues of this sort.

Let me know how you get on!

All the best,
Joel
Attachments
ES2PlayMakerAction.cs
(52.36 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
Ouroboros

Post by Ouroboros »

Joel, you're the best. The last solution did it! The CS file did work like a charm. Thanks for your great support (and your great asset too)!